Monday, December 20, 2010

The gift are unwrapped  and the tree is not trimmed
The stocking aren't hung and my eyes are red rimmed
I can't find the tape, my son took it all
I looked in the laundry, I looked in the hall
The shopping can't wait till the end of the week
The oldest just fell and bit the side of his cheek


Just a few thoughts on how I feel this Monday! Hope to perfect the mom side of Christmas soon, before my subjects leave the castle.

I have always felt that I am an expert Cinnamon roll maker. Actually I am quite famous for them. That and my spaghetti. However, I am a poor baker. Fellow blogger and friend (check out the velvet ribbon on her web sight, Mcmaster and Storm) has shown me up. I am not sure whether to feel insulted or informed. She served the King  and I the most scrumptious rolls you could ever imagine.  She also shared the secret, so after I make them, I will reveal if it worked. Thanks for the tip friend.

Found! Legos that you can pick out individually, not expensive sets.  For 14.99 you can fill a decent sized cup with any Lego combo you can imagine. Look at an exclusive Lego store for a penny candy style display and choose away. I know the royal subjects will be totally thrilled.  I need to find a nice box to store them in, any suggestions on a good Lego box? Hurry with the idea.

We let the puppies roam around the porch today. They looked so cute! Their little tails were wagging as they explored a new space. They also started fighting. And they are always hungry. It's like having five more subjects. Remember this is a good time to let me know if you art interested in a royal hound.

My niece is such a hoot. She brought in snow for her and her brother to wash their faces with. She let sit till it melted and then that night they had to wash with it. I know that she secretly wishes she was Laura Ingalls. This is not an exclusive story. She also has a sun bonnet.

3 comments:

  1. actually, she melted it on the woodstove. we are feeling the prairie vibes... the long winter, anyone? also, how about a cool rubbermaid container from wal-mart? yes, cool & wal-mart in the same sentence. they have some neat ones with green lids in the storage aisle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to add to your sock rant....I mean rap, there are some of your socks at my house. Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Socks...if you figure it out LET ME KNOW!! I must say.. ahem... you should have heard the squeals of delight when the boys pulled several new, matching, complete pairs with no holes out of their stockings! We could start with maybe using the socks for our FEET instead of as stockings or "dog" collars, or, or... maybe that doesn't happen at your house.

    ReplyDelete