Saturday, July 30, 2011

Catching Up..

It's been awhile. Just regular summer business keeping me from the computer. We have had a fun and hot last two weeks. I know that most of you have heard about the scary day our friends recently had, so  I will just add that I just visited the child that nearly drowned and share that I saw him on his mommy's lap and eating applesauce. My heart feels like it has witnessed a miracle and I want to thank the Lord for His Goodness and Mercy. Every one can help by praying for continued peace for his parents and that he can go home soon!


This was a fun evening for the boys. We got to see about thirty  hot air balloons lift off. There were also about thirty skydivers and The boys were looking much to interested for my taste. I am so confused as to why my boys all think that the more dangerous something is the more attractive it is. Here they are panting after danger.

It was so fun to watch all of these lift off. It was a beautiful time of day, not so pretty getting chiggers the next!


Summer produce is here. We are munching on corn and salsa. In the summer it is so fun to send kids out to the garden to pick things for supper. That does not mean that there are not long stretches of labor keeping up the garden, but the reaping is dare I say, rewarding. I still have a disdain for zucchini in the form of any thing accept bread or cake. I was feeling so neighborly giving my next door neighbor advice on canning pickles. The jars exploded all over the counter, she looked online for another recipe.  Hmm, feel a little foolish.

My friends have mostly been married for several years, so it is with cake-anticipation that I view our four weddings this summer,(pardon the cheesy comment.) One friend and one family and two both, all though now that I think about it,they are all family to the king, and I am not kidding. 

1 comment:

  1. hi, i might be canning pickles today, please advise on when to add the gunpowder...

    ReplyDelete