Thursday, October 21, 2010

A New Cool

How come there are no playland at any Starbucks. They could totally cater to the generation that made them a household name just by including this feature. I feel as a 10 year supporter that they owe it to me to move into the next faze of life along with me. But alas, this is not a current reality and so I am relegated to Mcdonalds. Good fries though and Coke is classic. The prelude to this posting is that I and my subjects had a very exciting play date at icdonalds today. The playing was intense, the coke fizzy, the fries hot. the kids cute... The other mom has a new baby, so she felt like she was out on the town, in a very cool coat I might mention. So although the macchiattos have turned to Mccafe(that in itself is a contradiction), A good time was had by all.

 I must share my new rice recipe. I have a very odd relationship with rice. It was ignored for much of my life , and then without warning, I discovered how cheap it was, so in steps rice into the castle. The King likes it, but the subjects do tire of it. Now I practice making rice for economical reasons, without adding so many things it negates the aforementioned benefit. However, due to Subject 1's aversion to corn, this recipe is for my own pleasure.

2 cups rice cooked, any kind
while still warm add:
1 T.  basalmic vinegar
1 T. olive oil
1/2 t. ginger
1t. salt, kosher is what I used(it makes me feel cooler)
1/4 t pepper
 mix all of this into  a bowl and just set aside
 then saute 1 leek chopped, the whole thing up to where it gets coarse, 1 cup of frozen corn, for about 3 min. then add
1/4 cup of coconut milk
1T. sugar
salt and pepper and cook until leeks are tender about 5 min
add to rice,stir and dig in. I did. So good and healthy, what more can you want? This recipe is a direct revelation from the playland. It stimulates the brain.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Z. you have offocially become my editor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good News! Starbux HAS a play YARD. On V****y Road!! Always hot, always fresh, always strong & ALWAYS good company :)!! Come up!!

    ReplyDelete