Another week is here. Mondays always arrive with a bang, but I love to get back in the groove. Not that I love the amount of laundry offered to me. I do suppose that I should be thankful that I have clothes and a washer. The subjects all generate dirty clothes like a rugby team. Subject 3 got a drastic hair cut over the weekend. It made him look so old. Subjects 1&2 also got hair cuts, though not so startling. The king demanded a shave and a haircut, but all I gave him was my two bits, ha ha.
Today was truly an October fall day. The wind, the warmth, colors everywhere. I adore fall. We have so much to celebrate with the Harvest. Thanks be to God for His provisions. I wonder why nature is so beautiful, so intense before it goes dormant? There must be an analogy for life.Pumpkins,acorns,squirrels, red maple leaves... there are so many things the "subjects" enjoy about the season. Lets not forget cider and applesauce, both of which are family activities. Very festive. Childrens' faces shining, there little hands busy helping, heaping crocks of freshly made applesauce, its warms the heart. It feels both strange and wonderful to engage the children in the same activities I so enjoyed with my parents, now the grandparents.
Enough of my sentimental side, time for fun. An extended family party was the hit of the weekend. Good food, great company, cackling aunties, rowdy cousins, need I go on? Parents to be cousins found out the gender to the baby...not sharing. I seem to remember getting flack for that not so long ago. Birthdays were celebrated and a good time was had by all, Thanks hosting cousins.
Time to close for now. Serve the Lord in all things. He is your Father and Friend. He knows your needs. He cares for you. Praise Him !
Hey! I love your blog!! Oh course it contains a lot of my favorite people!!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. You must have learned to use spell check--baked stake anyone...?