Monday, July 4, 2011

Lazy Days

I am having such a fun holiday. The king has been home for three days! That is so unusual, the boys and I are lapping up the attention. We should probably be working on some prodjects, but mostly we are lazing around. Usually if we have to much time on our hands, we find something to argue about, but that has not happened so we must really have missed each other with his crazy schedule.
               
                                                     *    Hometown Parade*

        Subject 4 and the king waving at a tractor. This was a serious moment, not to be taken lightly.



Our hometown fire engine. As if we do not see it pass our house several times a week, but not with candy and waves. The boys all got pencils and goodies from the boy scouts.  The king discovered that  I once rode on a float in the pumpkin show parade. He was very impressed. It is so fun to watch every one show there life  in a parade. It also felt good to see familiar faces, like we belong here. WE saw the owner of the hardware store, he waved, people from story hour,smiling at us, and all the policemen we faces that we know.

Between fireworks, parades, and plans with friends, the subjects all think the 4th is a great weekend. I promised my self that I would not do regular chores on Monday, and NO laundry. I was going to work on a interesting project. Well, we are out of clean things to wear , I can't see the counters, so I better stick with housework.

Hope that every one else is enjoying time with friends and family. Thank God for our Nation. Pray that he will protect us!

3 comments:

  1. how fun........{was that the bradford pumpkin show?} that I would've like to have seen........}

    see you soon! {don't forget to bring lawn chairs to plunk down in the crik or is it creek? you would know, please advise}

    xo
    k

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your new background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whadayaknow!~ I can comment again... watch out.... do I see a picture... of a CHILD... on your BLOG!?
    MT

    ReplyDelete