The weather is gloomy, but that does not bother my subjects. They need to get out! Last night we went to McDonald's and ate inside. The subjects think that is such a novel idea. We did take our ice cream to the park to eat. The king is pulling Marathon hours and I enjoyed the little treat to ourselves.
We are busy with our new chickens. We have ten new layers. No eggs yet, but if the kids leave them be, then maybe they will produce soon. It will be omelet city around here. I will turn into a master chef that creates fritattas and quiche with homegrown produce. I have never been to fond of chickens, but I know the subject need the chores. And, so far I have not even had to touch one. Our dog is on the prowl. His killer instincts are coming out and he paces around and around the pen.
Palm Sunday is tomorrow so I will leave you with a thought that is on my heart. During the week leading up to Passover, Jesus told His disciples that He would be betrayed, put to death and rise again. Yet as all this happened, the disciples were afraid, unbelieving and confused. As I read the Gospels now, I think, Jesus told you what was going to happen, how could you doubt? The lesson is this: When Jesus says something, He means it, Believe it! These are a few of my favorite truths that I lose focus of:
Peace I leave with you... John 14:27 This is big, God has given us His peace, we need to accept this.
Perfect love cast out fear....1 John 4:18 I often fear things that are not real. I know that God's love is perfect, and I can rest in this truth.
Low I am with you always, even till the end of the world. Matthew 28:20
I hope that I can learn to focus on God's promises
No comments:
Post a Comment